Through a constructive style, the Director of Forensic Restoration and Building Envelope will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Forensic Restoration and Building Envelope group in Charlotte grow, effectively consult on major, complex and non-standard projects, establish and maintain key clients and provide technical support in solving problems with structures and architectural elements.
Successful candidates for this opportunity will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extensive management experience, competency in managing structural forensic, building envelope and/or restoration projects that are large and complex in nature.
- Achieve annual forensic restoration and building envelope revenue and profit goals.
- Grow, develop and manage forensic restoration and building envelope staff.
- Participate in advisory meetings and assist staff as needed to excel the business.
- Maintain key clients.
- Generate project leads and follow-up on leads.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate additional services.
- Manage and monitor the progress of projects and budgets.
- Provide excellent technical support to clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in structural engineering or similar.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Architect in which offices are located.
- 10-20 years of structural/architectural forensics, restoration, and/or building envelope consulting services.
- Experience managing staff and projects, selling the business and promoting forensic restoration and building science practices.
- A desire to become an owner through the Employee Stock Purchase Program. This firm are proudly 100% employee-owned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree.
This is an 100% employee-owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. This firm maintains a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of parking planning, design, engineering, restoration and consulting that encompass operations, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
However, their abilities reach far beyond just parking and include highly experienced advisors in forensics who provide investigative assessments, creative repair solutions, and litigation support on all types of facilities around the world impacted by natural events as well as design or construction defects.
Additionally, they are among the largest providers of restoration and building envelope services in the industry. The combination of our structural engineering design excellence, building science experts, and vast geographic presence makes them the first choice for these services throughout the country.