LVI have partnered with a internationally recognised construction engineering consultancy firm that specializes in structural forensic analysis and investigation. Whilst they are HQ in Illinois, their team of experts consisting of Structural/MEP Engineers and Construction consultants working closely with clients across the whole to US to provide accurate assessments and innovative solutions for structural failures, damages, and other related issues. As part of their commitment to excellence, we are assisting with their search for a talented and motivated Senior Structural Engineer to join their team and help them expand across multiple locations.They have been extremely swamped with work to the point, they have been turning away a portion of it.
- You will play a crucial role in supporting our forensic analysis and investigation projects.
- You will be guiding junior engineers and project managers, you will gain hands-on experience in assessing some of the most renowned structural failures, conducting inspections, collecting data, performing analysis, and assisting in the development of comprehensive reports.
- You will manage a large portfolio of clients and be expected to further leverage the existing clientele.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site investigations and inspections of structures to identify and document potential failures, damages, and underlying causes.
- Collect data through visual observations, measurements, and non-destructive testing techniques.
- Assist senior engineers in performing detailed structural analysis using industry-standard software and tools.
- Collaborate with project teams to evaluate structural components, materials, and their performance.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports summarizing investigation findings, analysis results, and recommended solutions.
- Assist in preparing visual aids such as diagrams, sketches, and photographs to support investigative reports.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, codes, standards, and regulations relevant to forensic engineering.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including architects, contractors, and legal professionals, to provide technical expertise and support.
- Attend meetings with clients and participate in discussions to understand project requirements and communicate findings effectively.
- Continuously seek opportunities to learn and develop technical skills through training, professional development, and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Strong understanding of structural engineering principles, codes, and standards.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software (e.g., SAP2000, ETABS) and other relevant tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities to identify and analyze complex structural issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately document findings and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with professionals from various disciplines.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow in the field of structural forensic engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or Structural Engineer (SE) licensure is a plus.
- Competitive Benefits: Above industry matched 401k contributions, health-care, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Base Salary range ($160,000-230,000) dependent on engineering experience and client development skills.
- Travel surmounts to 3-4 site visits a week with flexibility to work fully remote.
- If this role is not specifically in line with your experience, reach out to Sinatra Dias on LinkedIn to explore other opportunities!