The Transportation Practice Lead manages transportation engineering and planning projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work products and execution of production operations. The position provides consultation to clients and applies expertise to guide project teams in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications. The position will assist the Director in work winning efforts and be a technical expert in the transportation engineering field. The Transportation Practice Lead serves as a mentor and fosters a culture that encourages employee growth and engagement.
Summary of Duties:
- Identifies potential clients and/or projects and leverages relationships to win new work.
- Supervises, leads, and produces transportation designs in compliance with state and local codes/procedures.
- Manages and produces technical letters/reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including local, state, and federal agencies.
- Performs field reviews, certifications, and post design services.
- Researches and advises on code requirements, regulatory topics, construction techniques and cost analyses.
- Identifies, develops, and implements technical tools, techniques, software, materials, and processes to optimize efficiencies and quality.
- Actively contributes ideas, expertise and recommendations based upon industry knowledge.
- Performs as a Project Manager (and in some cases Client Manager):
- Manages production processes overseeing deliverables, reviewing work, and coordinating staff.
- Provides support to the Director ensuring regular communication regarding project, subconsultant and staff performance, providing reports and data and coordinating technical items to successfully execute projects.
- Performs technical and quality reviews of plans and specifications.
- Participates in client, agency, and consultant meetings.
- Prepares and distributes responses to proposal solicitations.
- Prepares/Reviews fee and scope documents for clients
- Produces and manages project schedules
- Manages, trains and coaches staff from a technical standpoint to ensure successful project delivery.
- Travels locally to client, consultant, job site, agency, and work locations, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- Professional Engineer Registration (State of Texas).
- 10 or more years of experience in transportation engineering.
- 6 or more years of experience managing projects.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.