We have a current opportunity for a Water Reclamation Discipline/Technical Lead. This position can be remote or in Kansas City / St Louis offices.
This Discipline Lead will be working independently to provide oversight and expert technical direction on water and waste water treatment facilities, water and sewer systems, pipelines, pump stations, remediation sites, etc. engineering designs of moderate to high complexity to meet client project requirements.
- Working independently, provides oversight and expert technical direction on water and waste water treatment facilities, water and sewer systems, pipelines, pump stations, remediation sites, etc. engineering designs of moderate to high complexity to meet client project requirements.
- Reviews draft designs and reports for compliance with federal, state and local regulations and signs off on completed designs. Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary.
- Performs water quality analyses and modeling. Contributes to firm's TKM by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc.
- Submits technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals. Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices.
- Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs. Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for external client and related industry contact. Collaborates with clients and government officials to clarify technical questions provides updates to project management as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required. Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm. Supervises the work of junior engineers on project work.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 15 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands