We are looking for an experience an District Manager for our North Carolina - Utility Division. The primary functions of this position include the leadership of the Transmission operations, which includes estimating services, project management, controls and field operations. This position will assist with the development of a yearly industry group plan that is designed to support the strategic goals and the overall growth and financial objectives of the Company.
- Oversee all construction activities of the Utility group and ensure projects are completed as safely as possible, with the highest degree of integrity, quality workmanship, on-time performance, within budget, and with satisfied clients.
- Plan, organize and manage key staff positions so as to ensure the proper utilization of assigned project personnel.
- Establish Utility group objectives and performance standards as defined by the Company's operating policies and procedures, and as defined for individual projects during the formal project turnover process.
- Attend, as appropriate, project turnover meetings and provide the necessary leadership and input to ensure the sessions are as successful as possible.
- Have a complete understanding of all plans, contract and specification requirements associated with the group's projects to ensure the Company's interests are protected at all times, specific contractual obligations are adhered to and all work is completed accordingly.
- Participate in the development of all Utility project schedules, budgets, and other project related reports.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with past, present and potential group clients, engineers, vendors, and other group related firms and personnel. This is done to minimize conflicts and maximize the outcomes of all group project related activities, and to nurture future project opportunities for the group.
- As necessary, attend project meetings and provide meaningful input, support and follow up.
- Assist, as necessary, with any labor relation issues in accordance with established Company policies and procedures.
- Take immediate corrective action should an employee not follow Company policies and procedures.
- Be a "Builder of People" by actively promoting the advancement of group personnel. Continually monitor employee skill development needs and growth opportunities, and be proactive in recommending any skill enhancement/remediation initiatives needed. Actively support and utilize the Company's Employee Evaluation Program as a tool in identifying specific employee training/career advancement/remedial needs.
- Assume a leadership role in all employee recruitment, retention and training initiatives.
- Continually monitor the safety performance of the group's projects to ensure compliance with all Company safety policies and procedures. Take immediate corrective action, whenever necessary, so as to protect employees and Company safety performance goals and initiatives.
- Actively support and participate in, as necessary, group estimating and business development activities to help achieve pre-determined group growth goals.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Executive Team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works efficiently under tight timeframes, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.