Electrical Project Engineer
This firm is looking for a Electrical Project Engineer with atleast 8+ years of experience to join their team. This induvidual will be interested and comfortable with working in a variety of project types, bringing both technical and managment experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks and work with the design team to determine scope, budget, and staffing.
- Write scopes of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Present complex engineering analysis clearly and effectively to owner and design teams.
- Document existing conditions and perform complex and detailed troubleshooting. Resolve a variety of complex problems, i.e., conflicting design requirements, code issues, varying design options, and difficult condition requirements.
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Produce sketches and system schematics for complicated design tasks such as layout of electrical rooms.
- Prepare engineering opinion of probable cost for electrical systems and review contractor cost estimates.
- Make calculations using engineering formulas and skills for electrical designs such as whole building electrical loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations, equipment sizing, editing specification sections, and creating punch lists.
- Prepare addendum and change orders. Initiate additional service requests for submittal to client.
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards. Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with design standards.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of construction processes and delivery methods.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as a resource for questions.
You will need to have:
- BS or MS degree in electrical engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in the design of lighting, power, and communications systems for healthcare, commercial and/or educational project types
- Professional licensure, or the ability to obtain licensure, is required
- Documented experience with a consulting engineering firm or A/E firm providing electrical design
- Knowledge of current technology applicable to IES, IECC, LEED and ASHRAE requirements and all applicable codes (city, state, federal) as well as knowledge of National Fire Protection Association/National Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards are essential
- Proficiency with Revit software, as well as excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with electrical analysis software (i.e., SKM, Easy Power) and knowledge of the current sustainable technologies applicable to the designof commercial electrical systems