We have a current opportunity for a AutoCad Drafter on a permanent basis. Candidates with Electronic Security (access control, cctv & intrusion) Experience Only!
- High-level CAD drafting skills, excellent computer skills including practical knowledge of Computer Assisted Drafting/Design (CADD), MS Office and other related applications
- Creating drawings and specifications based on equations, calculations, and written instructions provided by designers and engineers.
- Work entails fine-tuning and revising plans to meet architectural requirements, displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Plans and completes knowledge management activities related to projects, and for maintenance of company AutoCAD operations - including setting standards and assisting other team members in understanding AutoCAD operations and standards
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture and 5+ years related experience or 7 - 10 years' experience in producing AutoCAD drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both subordinates, customers, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office products to communicate and prepare information for dissemination.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in developing CAD Design documents for DoD and other federal agencies.
- Management of Drawing Design packages.