We have a current opportunity for a Engineering Manager on a permanent basis with a global leading Offshore Wind Developer that has a huge pipeline of projects in the region, including Taiwan, Korea, etc. The position will be based in Taiwan. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a large growing company, in a booming market. For further information about this position please apply.
- Providing technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy and tender for all aspects related
to offshore engineering. You will play an active role in identifying, tendering and selecting advisors,
equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project. You will also lead detailed technical
negotiations and coordinate with the transaction team.
- Ensuring that WHSE requirements are implemented into the design of the wind farm, and acting as a WHSE leader across all of the project team.
- Leading the project design, specification and subsequent management of all aspects related to offshore engineering.
- Managing the project's technical processes in the tender and execution phase coordinating design decisions and technical solutions in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. This includes programme management of Suppliers, Construction, O&M and other sub-contractors in relation to design & engineering.
- You will be supporting the Project/Development Director and working closely with the Owners Engineer (OE) and Package Managers to ensure that the project is successfully designed, procured and delivered.
- You will be responsible for managing outsourced engineering work and all design and engineering interfaces within the project across the engineering disciplines, including taking a central position in the design process towards OE, certifying bodies and subcontractors. It is your responsibility to ensure
compliance with plans, industry and project standards, building codes and legal requirements. You will also liaise with governmental bodies.
- Oversee production, quality assurance, quality control, testing and maintenance as required.
- Manage scoping, tendering and contracting processes to engage required advisors such as local engineering companies and licensed administrative agents for permitting and consenting purposes
- Minimum of 15 years' experience of working in (wind) energy and/or infrastructure project design & engineering or maritime engineering. Experience of working in international engineering and construction companies, energy utilities, local market experience or engineering consultancy will be
considered favourably. You maintain a relevant Professional Engineer's Certificate
- Safety leader
- Strong project manager and leader, proven success at leading project teams through complex projects.
Ideally you also have on-site experience
- Good knowledge on local design and construction practice & regulations, design & engineering
development procedures, market practice & dynamics on the offshore construction business.
- You are known for your excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present complex
information in an understandable way
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, you enjoy building trustful and solid relationships with relevant internal
and external stakeholders. Professional integrity is very important to you.
- You deploy a proactive approach and enthusiasm for coordinating and motivating people
- Creative problem-solving skills and analytically strong
- Willingness to take business trips whenever required (On-site visits to support technical evaluation)
If you are interested, don't hesitate to apply!