When you join this firm you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . The teams around New Jersey are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
They ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership.
Seeking an enthusiastic Geotechnical Civil Engineer with experience supporting Power and T&D projects in NJ
Responsibilities include managing geotechnical project activities from conception to construction including supporting civil site and structural foundation design activities. You can look forward to exciting projects throughout the US that require all facets of geotechnical engineering, including subsurface investigations, soil and rock engineering, driven piles, and drilled shafts.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze existing reports, maps, drawings, tests, topographical and geologic data at project site locations to plan for and assist in design of new projects
* Manage subsurface investigations and laboratory testing programs
* Prepare geotechnical engineering reports and recommendations
* Perform engineering calculations related to settlement, pile capacity, slope stability, seismic site classification, etc.
* Prepare project estimates, schedules, and specifications
* Prepare and/or peer review designs, specifications and construction documents
* Review engineering reports and documentation prepared by junior staff
* Mentoring and technical development of junior staff
* Ensure the quality of project deliverables
* Travel to project sites as required.
Specific area of expertise.
* Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
* Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
* Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
* Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
* Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
* Prepares technical specification sections.
* Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
More information is available but please submit your interest by applying directly!