I am working with an AMAZING company! They value their staff, they reward their staff and they are run by their staff.
My client is an environmental consulting firm that drives collaboration and provides its employees security.
Throughout Covid they have been doing amazing - no furloughs, no cuts, no bonus or salary reductions!
In fact they were proactive and reacted fast to put themselves in a good position to ride this crazy wave.
They also ended up needing to hire new staff and brought on over 15 new members across their east-coast operations to help with project workload.
The best way to describe them is culture/work life balance, VERY competitive salaries, shares and amazing people to bounce ideas off! What's not to love?
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Works collaboratively with Principal and the client to solve the client's problems in all of their interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manages and performs site investigations
* Evaluates the surface and/or subsurface conditions and provide recommendations
* Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements per customer requirements
* Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project
* Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly
* Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
* Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers
* Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, bid packages and proposals
* Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing
* Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
* Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
* Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
* Plans schedule of research according to company's or contracting organization's timetable, and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project timetable
* Provides expertise in field of research
* Performs and reports interim analysis of accumulated data to monitor for the safety purposes
* Develops research plan, designs experiments, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research
* Establishes major design parameters for projects in conjunction with project design team and client
* Preparation of proposal estimates of time and expenses required to complete project
* Affixes their Professional Engineers seal on the completed work after verifying work is accurate
* Participates in recruiting activities such as selecting, and orienting employees
*Conducts performance evaluation and provides performance feedback
* Counsels employees to reinforce policies and procedures
* Manages employees, provides oversite and direction
* Coaches, mentors, provides training and staff career development
* Reinforces business relationships with existing clients and develops new relationships with future clients
* Identifies the potential for new projects and seeks opportunities to promote the company's services on an ongoing basis
* Involved in the sale of company services and secures new business
* Travels 10% of the time which may be out of state
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree preferred, a minimum of 10-12 years of experience and 8 years of project management related experience. Previous construction experience is preferred.
Professional Engineer (PE) license
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
Valid Driver's License and possess reliable transportation to access job sites
Please share in your network or apply directly