We have a current opportunity for a Mid-Level Environmental Planner on a permanent basis. The position will be based out of California with availability to be remote. For further information about this position please apply.
The Environmental Planner will work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to prepare technical reports and environmental documentation, primarily in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) (e.g., Initial Studies and Environmental Impact Reports), for both public and private projects. The Environmental Planner will also conduct research for the preparation of environmental documents; compile and analyze a projects consistency with applicable planning policies; compile and analyze data (e.g., demographic, public utilities, and public services data); draft topical sections of CEQA and NEPA documents based on information provided in technical reports; compile and organize administrative records, project files, and quality assurance/quality control documentation; assist in document production and transmittal, including coordinating deliverables; and provide support for proposal preparation.
- Minimum of 4 years of increasingly responsible experience with the preparation of documents that comply with CEQA and/or NEPA, as well as knowledge of other federal, State, and local environmental statutes and regulations
- Experience in a private environmental consulting firm preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Environmental Planning, or a related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, and budget management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work as a member of a fast-paced team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)