Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement project scope and budget, as requested by client or as required by each project
- Complete key project deliverables with no prompting from senior management
- Oversee and ensure that field personnel perform the field work in accordance with the project work plan and in accordance to regulations
- Review field documentation reports, data summary tables prepared by others, and provides edits and comments as needed,
- Prepare bids/proposals, summary reports, investigation reports, remedial action plans, and remedial action work plans, design documents and remedial action reports in accordance with client and applicable regulatory requirements with minimal supervision,
- Review and approve vendor invoices and employee expenses for billing and accounts payable,
- Effectively communicate with clients, regulatory personnel, supervisors and staff associated with projects he/she is managing,
- Should be comfortable with logistics coordination and working with outside consultants, vendors and service providers and manage junior staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related engineering field and/or Geology. P.E. license accompanied by appropriate experience is a big plus.
- OSHA 40 hour (HAZWOPER) and/or OSHA 30 hour (Construction Safety) certifications a must.
- Experience with NYC Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) rules, guidance, and other requirements related to development sites with NYC E-designation and/or that are enrolled in the NYC Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP).
- General knowledge of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) regulations and guidance, including spills investigations and cleanups.
- Experience with all or various aspects of environmental property assessment (Phase I / II Environmental Site Assessments), subsurface investigation and/or remediation of soil, groundwater, vapor, or other media.
- Experience with report writing, managing budgets, drafting proposal, preparing work scopes and cost estimates, and implementing field investigation and remediation projects.