- Expand, develop, and take the helm of environmental-related efforts to diversify and increase the company's consulting clientele; work with others to identify and pursue client- and business-development prospects.
- Work on various environmental business initiatives with the firm's market/BD/discipline leaders, and further cultivate and improve customer relationships in the local/state environmental sector.
- Proven ability to increase environmental income in a variety of markets (e.g., real estate, industry, energy, public agencies, etc.)
- When appropriate, use staff as internal connections for new leads. Maintain and create relationships with a varied set of current and potential clients. Work in a team environment with others to generate clients and business prospects.
- Develop and manage multiple options for environmental and compliance reporting with customers; cross-sell environmental management/compliance services with our other main offerings, such as due diligence investigations, environmental investigation, remediation, and energy.
- Directs other environmental managers and employees in seeking out and delivering new work for the market/discipline.
- Develops scope of work, budgets, schedules, and plans for environmental-related work in collaboration with other managers, environmental planners, and staff. Provides technical leadership and oversight on the management of projects.
- Participate in trade exhibitions and be active in associations related to your industry, such as working on committees and giving presentations at conferences, among other things.
- In collaboration with the marketing and technical staff, prepare and coordinate proposals. assist in making choices about RFP responses.
- Use all available resources to prepare a winning proposal, which may require creating a proposal strategy, writing portions of the proposal, and organizing the work of additional technical writers.
- To ensure the success of environmental programs and BD efforts, carry out additional duties, as necessary.
- B.S. in Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science is required.
- Professional Engineer, Professional Geo-scientist, or other relevant licenses are preferred.
- A working knowledge of a variety of environmental and infrastructure services.
- 15 years of expertise in the environmental engineering and consulting sector.