I am on the urgent Search for an Estimator to work out of Alexandria, VA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for appropriately evaluating the cost of a project, and evaluating the cost to take on that project for a leading local Geotechnical contractor.
* Review, analyze and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for specialty foundations projects.
* Ability to understand foundations construction methods and be able to clearly communicate the means and methods used to price an estimate.
* Ability to make assumptions based on experience when detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
* Ability to perform accurate quantity takeoffs for specialty foundations techniques.
* Identify bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along with quantities and pricing.
* Ensure estimates are performed in accordance with company practices and standards.
* Participate in estimate reviews and presentations to estimate managers and executive management.
* Manage comparisons between self-perform estimates and subcontractor quotes.
* Ability to analyze subcontractor and material quotes for responsiveness to the estimate and project requirements.
* Work with engineering team to preparing value engineering solutions; including cost, schedule, and Owner benefits.
* Preparing responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's).
* Providing rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates and schedules.
* Ensure lessons learned and other historical data are captured for future benefit.
* Draft final scope letters for each bid proposal.
* 5+ years of related experience in Foundations construction / estimating.
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil or construction-related engineering, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working in a team setting and directing/reviewing the work of others.
* Can travel occasionally and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)