One of the Top General Contractors in the nation is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to join their Water Group in Arizona.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for projects to ensure that the company is a responsive bidder. Works with a team of Estimators in the development of a multidisciplinary estimate and works independently on projects of lesser scope and complexity.
- Reviews project plans, requirements and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and develop scope of work, labor and equipment costs.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs and pricing of scope either through self-perform production based estimate or unit price estimating.
- Reviews and understands all bid documents and material requirements to assess construct-ability and product material requirements.
- Initiates subcontractor solicitations and quality discussions with subcontractors to gain detailed knowledge of portion of work for which the Estimator is responsible.
- Prepares bid packages; involves comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Analyzes subcontractor bonding capabilities, workload and prior performance relative to project.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team.
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- 10 years of experience; preferably within water and waste-water treatment from a self-performing general contractor
- Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles
- Able to work independently without much supervision and work well with a team
- Engages and coordinates with Lead Estimator on the bid.
- Understands Costs and Market Conditions.
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Identifies and understands differences in subcontractor quotations.
- Looks to continually improve and grow.
- Accurately estimates time required to complete actions and activities.
- Accurately interprets written information associated with projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
- Some travel is required for projects that are bidding in different regions.