My client is looking to fill a need for an exciting Estimator role to fill in their Philadelphia office.
They are well established in the construction sector and specialize in Retail/Restaurant projects.
- 5+ years of estimating experience (preferably in the retail/restaurant sector)
- Experience bidding
- Subcontractor experience
- Knowledge of computerized estimating systems and cost databases and word processing software
What's on offer:
- Generous base salary
- Opportunity for company bonuses
- Excellent benefits, including healthcare and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) company match
- Opportunity to lead a construction Team
- Fast career progression
- This individual will work as a part of the preconstruction services staff to prepare bid packages, conceptual estimates, analysis of subcontractor bids, etc., for specific line items
- Estimators interface with owners and contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
- Review project documentation on assigned line items
- Develop working knowledge of project as it relates to this estimator's speciality expertise
- Prepare detailed estimates at all stages of documentation, including conceptual, schematic, design development, and final estimates
- Provide estimating support to Senior Estimator on negotiated projects
- Review design options, evaluate status of documentation, perform cost analyses and value engineering, and make recommendations based upon experience as well as labour and materials availability
- Negotiate and purchase subcontracts at times
- Prepare cost data for input into
- Estimating database knowledge.