I am currently seeking a senior-level Forensic Architect to provide direction and exceptional support for all aspects of technical and managerial services in Chicago. In this role, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to expand and grow the client's practice while leading high-profile projects - including, but not limited to; building envelope design/redesign and failure investigations, non-destructive enclosure testing, new construction, restoration and preservation, fenestration and roofing systems, leak investigations and high-performance facade consulting.
My client is a national engineering, architecture, and forensics consulting firm, seeking an experienced Forensic Architect in their Chicago office. They provide investigative, design, repair, and testing services for building structures, enclosures, and materials. Projects have involved engineering/architectural consulting roles in the evaluation, investigation, and repair design of significant downtown office buildings, residential high-rise towers, hospitals, parking garages, bridges, and transit infrastructure.
Their clients include private institutions, public agencies, contractors, professional design firms, real estate developers, and attorneys in the US and oversees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Master's Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect in Illinois
- 10+ of experience in architecture and forensics
- The desire to work in a team-based project environment
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and self-regulate
- Oversee the strategic growth of the Chicago office
- Responsible for future hiring and development of employees
- Ability to delegate and work as both a leader and a mentor
- Responsible for producing project documentation
- Applies knowledge of AEC principles and practices
- Prepares project specifications and technical reports