Position: Finance and M&A Manager
Company Summary: One of the largest renewable energy developers in the US is looking for a Finance and M&A Manager to join their team. They currently have a team of 60 (that is constantly growing!) developing renewable energy and energy storage projects across North America. The company was founded in 2012 by a team of industry veterans who have worked together for over 25 years. they have developed over $3 billion worth of renewable energy projects, executed over 6,100 MWac of renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs), and built an active project pipeline over 40 GW.
Position Summary: The Finance an M&A Manager is a front-office role that will play a key role in the delivery of the company's 40 GW development project pipeline by managing M&A processes, including: overseeing the creation of financial models and marketing materials, conducting investor outreach, negotiating commercial terms of transactions, and facilitating investor due diligence. This team member will also be a key part of advising on project development strategy, financial reporting, and process improvement. The Finance and M&A Manager will report to the head of Finance & M&A, who in turn reports to the CEO and COO.
- Manage M&A processes for renewable energy development process by managing pre-marketing (creation of teasers, CIMs, financial models) and marketing activities (investor outreach, Q&A and diligence facilitation), and assisting in negotiation of term sheets and transaction documents leading up to closing
- Oversee or assist in the creation of project financial models for use in M&A and other commercial processes, including offtake origination, corporate development transactions, and more
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by developing pricing models for revenue contracts (including Power Purchase Agreements, hedges, Energy Storage Agreements)
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparties and advisors including: buyers of projects, financial, legal, and other advisors, lenders or other project finance investors
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors and capital markets to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Work with the head of M&A in the creation and maintenance of regular M&A updates and reports to provide to management and Board of Directors
- Perform ad hoc reports and analyses for corporate finance, project asset management, and project development teams to assess project and/or company-level financial performance and contractual compliance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel or similar. Candidates may be asked to perform a (simple) modeling test
- Experience or familiarity in developing M&A marketing materials in PowerPoint or Word, including teasers, CIMs, investment theses, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external parties. This is a "front-office" role which will interface heavily with counterparties
- 4-7 years of experience in finance and M&A, with a preference for candidates with experience in energy, power, utilities, and/or infrastructure development and project finance.
- Understanding of wholesale power markets and power generation preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree or greater. There is not a specific degree requirement, but this is a quantitative, transaction-focused role.
- Self-awareness of one's quirks and appreciation for those of teammates
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!