The company are a full-service construction consulting firm specialising in investigating construction claims, developing defect reports and responses, preparing scope of work and cost of repair, developing allocations and assists with client strategy. Much of their work involves litigation matters. As such they also provide trial, arbitration and deposition expert testimony.
They service attorneys, owners, developers, contractors and insurers in both litigated and non-litigated construction matters. Offering services in the following:
- Building Envelope Consulting
- Moisture Intrusion
- Destructive Testing
- Construction Site Injury
- SB 800
Successful candidates will be involved in a wide variety of tasks, including forensic investigations of buildings, code research, construction document review, failure analysis, scope of repair preparation, and report writing. These activities will generally be performed for property claims, construction defect litigation matters, and property condition assessments.
Forensic Engineer - Architect
Our Forensic team is a highly educated and highly valued team of engineering experts. We work with global insurance firms, and national and regionally based law firms to provide professional services on a large portfolio of complex and challenging forensic projects.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct forensic field inspections into the cause and origin of incidents related to residential and commercial property damage claims and/or construction or design defect claims
- Research compliance with building codes and review construction and project plan documents
- Develop detailed plan for remediation of loss: scope, schedule, budget
- Develop expert investigative reports with detailed findings and plans for remediation for senior management review and client presentation
- Participate in business development activities and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region
- BS degree in Architecture, Engineering or Building Services
- Registered Architect (RA)
- 5+ years of professional experience in the design, inspection, and construction of residential and commercial structures, prior forensics experience preferred
- Previous experience in the structural design of commercial and/or residential structures (concrete, wood, and steel)
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and handle competing and multiple priorities effectively
- Proficiency with office software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.