LVI are proud to be working with an industry leading, nationwide multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm that are looking for an experienced and ambitious building envelope consultant to join their growing team in Dallas, Texas.
The company get involved in multiple disciplines of forensic engineering (environmental, structural and mechanical), building envelope water intrusion and exterior wall investigations, and roofing consulting on commercial and residential buildings. They are fully employee owned and empahasize the cultural fit of each employee, be it the flexibility to work form home or assisting each individual in the acquisition of further training and credentials.
- At least 10 years building envelope/enclosure/restoration experience.
- Experienced in building envelope investigations into construction design and installation defects and storm damage assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- IIBEC credential desired (RRC/RWC/REWC/RBEC).
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Evaluating, investigating, and designing unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Do you feel as though this particular does not role fit with your experience, but are still interested in progressing you career with other opportunities? Connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn and send your resume over to discuss other options.