LVI are working with a well-established, multi-disciplinary engineering company, they are current seeking a Forensic Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for investigating electrical failures, accidents, and incidents to determine their root causes, contributing to legal and insurance proceedings. They use their expertise in electrical engineering to conduct detailed examinations, analysis, and testing of electrical systems, components, and equipment. Their findings and expert testimony often serve as essential evidence in litigation cases or insurance claims.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigation: Conduct in-depth investigations into electrical failures, fires, accidents, electrocutions, or other incidents to determine the cause and contributing factors. This may involve visiting the scene of the incident, collecting evidence, and interviewing witnesses.
- Data Collection: Gather relevant data, documentation, and information related to the electrical systems and equipment involved in the incident, including blueprints, maintenance records, and manufacturer specifications.
- Analysis: Analyze the collected data and evidence to identify design flaws, manufacturing defects, installation issues, or maintenance errors that may have led to the incident.
- Testing: Perform laboratory tests and simulations to recreate and study the conditions leading to the electrical failure, as well as to verify hypotheses about the incident's cause.
- Report Writing: Prepare detailed technical reports summarizing the investigation process, findings, and conclusions. These reports are often used in court as expert testimony and can influence legal and insurance outcomes.
- Expert Witness: Act as an expert witness in legal proceedings, providing testimony based on your analysis and findings. You may be cross-examined by opposing counsel.