I am currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Forensic Engineer to join my client's Houston office. The successful candidate will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage, and options for repair in a variety of mechanical systems and construction-related circumstances, including building envelope evaluations. They will provide leadership and use their interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients and employees at all levels of the organization. Additionally, they will perform tasks such as determining the scope of repair and evaluating repair options, determining the cause of failure of mechanical components and systems, and evaluating the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, accidents, and fires/explosions.
My client are one of the pioneers of forensic engineering. Their forensic engineers and consultants assist their clients across the world in a large range of industries. Their field expertise, laboratory testing capabilities, and vast technical resources collectively allow them to create an authoritative report and deliver it with outstanding clarity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Forensic experience, preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management or supervisory experience desired
- Ability to provide written reports to clients
- ACTAR certification and/or accident reconstruction experience is a plus
- C.F.I. or C.F.E.I. is a plus
- Proficiency in other mechanical engineering branches such as HVAC, plumbing, fire suppression systems, vehicles and hydraulics is highly desired
- Intermediate-level computer skills