ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides guidance and leadership to newer colleagues and/or those with less experience on complex engineering assignments.
- Surveys property, casualty and liability losses, typically at residential and commercial buildings and loss scenes.
- Conducts investigations to determine the root cause of events and failures.
- Works closely with engineers and investigators to produce detailed reports, drawings, and/or outline the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Develops plans, reports and drawings to meet client's needs and/or determine and document the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Provides expert testimony in a court of law and/or in depositions.
- Determines applicable engineering practices to fulfil the prescribed scope of work, project specifics, time lines, and cost estimates for the professional services provided.
- Collaborates with sales and operations managers, architects, developers, insurance adjusters, claims managers and attorneys to develop demand for your professional services.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- PE License
- 8 years experience - Minimum 2 years of Forensic Engineering and Failure Analysis.