The firm are in search of an ambitious, driven and motivated engineer, with a passion for working on a variety of structures, solving problems and going above and beyond for outstanding service. The opportunity is for a Senior Project Manager to provide both technical and managerial oversight of the Chicago practice. Offering a clear and strategic pathway to progression, the firm's leadership have in place a succession plan to pave the way for new owners in the very near future.
You will work in a collaborative environment, supported by the company's collective technical knowledge, their state-of-the-art laboratory and testing capabilities, and a team of enthusiastic professionals striving to deliver innovative yet practical solutions in the built world.
- Project management, including developing project scope, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- Preparation of project deliverables, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives
- Minimum of ten years' relevant industry experience (15+ yrs preferred), including technical and project management experience in the investigation, design, analysis, and repair of various structural materials and systems, including concrete, steel, wood, masonry and other structural systems
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) in Chicago
- Master's degree or better in civil/structural engineering or related field
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in transitioning quickly between multiple priorities while maintaining effective coworker and client relationships