The Opportunity is either in Cincinnati or Columbus:
LVI is looking for a Senior Restoration Engineer with experience in either Structural Forensics/Investigating Structural Failures, or Building Enclosure Consulting to take on the responsibility of managing the technical production and contractual aspects of multiple projects within the office, with a focus on restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, and forensics related work. The firm take an unprecedented targeted approach towards their culture, people and projects. If you are someone who is driven, ambitious and truly wants to make a difference in the world, then this is definitely an opportunity to consider. Promotions are also based on merit and service line, as opposed to tenure - hard work and dedication are always rewarded.
This position will establish, maintain, and serve both local and national clients. Successful candidates will provide technical oversight and leadership on forensic investigations, behaviour evaluations, condition assessments using non-destructive and destructive testing methods, and the development of the waterproofing design.
The firm are an Employee-Owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. They are an international firm consisting of engineers, architects, innovators and creative people who solve some of the world's most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. They offer services in structural Forensics, Building Enclosure Consulting, Transportation Engineering, and Parking Consulting Services. They have over 20 U.S. offices and 3+ international locations.
- Management of various structural and building envelope projects ranging from the restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, water infiltration of existing buildings
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects
- Leading teams in the development of structural diagnostic contract documents, including technical specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- Licensed PE in the State of OH
- 6+ plus years of relevant experience experience
- Experience in new construction, structural design, investigation structural failures, building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Interest in business development strategies and the ability to work with other team members.
- Willingness to travel.