My client is looking for a Forensic Structural Engineer in the Los Angeles/Seattle office. This individual will act as a team member on a variety of projects under the direction of different project managers. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing structures, writing reports, and developing repair calculations, drawings and specifications.
The company is a multi-service firm of engineers, architects, and consultants with expertise in structural engineering, structural forensics, structural and architectural restoration, and building envelope consulting. The team are fully committed to providing structural and architectural solutions.
- Assist with on-site damage assessment and investigations, including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching.
- Perform required engineering calculations, structural analysis, and repair/retrofit design.
- Research historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and building code issues.
- Organize field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare presentations.
- Interface with clients and attend meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Requires travelling to jobsites.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in structural engineering, structural dynamics or related field.
- 3 - 7 years of experience in structural design, repair/retrofit design and damage investigations.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Engineer in training; PE or SE in home state preferred.
- Strong background in using commercially available structural engineering software
- Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing) is a plus.
Benefits of Joining the company:
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to grow and develop their skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. In addition to competitive compensation, as a full-time employee, the company also offers vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!