About the firm:
- They are a leader in forensic engineering and consulting for over 50 years. They investigate and evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, accidents, and other types of catastrophes.
- You will rub shoulders with some of the most renowned leaders in the Forensic Engineering industry.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, including working in confined spaces and on steep-sloped roofs. (Rope and harness training will be provided.) Carrying ladders and operating other equipment are essential functions of the job.
- The ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as needed by vehicle or by plane.
- Must be able to work independently and with a cross-functional team of experts.
- Strong technical writing skills are required; the ability to write effective reports is critical.
- Strong verbal communication skills are necessary; you should be an effective communicator in face-to-face interactions.
- The ability to provide the utmost in customer service to our clients is a must.
- Technical proficiency with computers, phones, cameras, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil/structural engineering granted by a four-year college or university is required; a master's degree in structural engineering is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience designing or supervising design and/or design-build repair projects is required.
- Active P.E. or S.E. licensure in the Midwest is required, or the ability to obtain licensure by reciprocity.
- Experience working on a variety of mid-to-large loss residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional restoration projects.
- Must be available for heavy travel, including some extended travel.
- Technical proficiency with the use of design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, RISA, StaadPro, etc.
- This includes a robust 401(k) plan, major medical, dental, and vision health coverage; company-provided life insurance with AD&D coverage; a health savings account; short and long-term disability coverages; legal insurance; and generous vacation pay, sick pay, holiday pay, stock purchase plan, etc.