Job Summary: The Project Manager will play a crucial role in organizing, managing, and planning intricate civil engineering projects. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to lead the project delivery team, ensuring the accomplishment of project goals and objectives by efficiently managing resources, identifying and mitigating risks, and facilitating solutions for the project scope, schedule, and budget throughout the entire project life cycle-from pre-construction through construction to project close-out.
- Directs a team of Engineers, Superintendents, and field personnel to ensure timely and precise project completion.
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to team members based on their expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables to guarantee successful project completion.
- Guides an interdepartmental team to fulfill assigned projects within established timelines and specifications, emphasizing accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines project tasks and delegates responsibilities accordingly.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected project costs.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on project estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments, reports identified risks to management, and offers recommendations for risk mitigation, including project termination if appropriate.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and complaints throughout the project.
- Serves as a liaison between the company, clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Manages and oversees consultants, contractors, and subject matter experts in developing planning and construction documents and implementing project initiatives.
- Effectively communicates with senior management, elected officials and their staff, stakeholders, and other public agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of the project being developed or a quick ability to grasp project intricacies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Knowledge on deep foundations
- Minimum of five years of related experience required.
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
Please do apply if this is something of interest!