Job Title: Grid Interconnection Consultant
Salary Range: 120k - 160k
Summary: Our client, a global leader in energy, is one of the largest and most experienced power industry engineering and consulting firms. They are seeking a detail-oriented professional for a Grid Interconnection Consultant role within their Consulting group. The person in this role will support continued growth of the company within the utility planning / advisory practice areas, and exercise their experience in generator interconnection applications, analyses, and agreements. Additionally, during the execution of consulting services work for the firm, a great deal of face-to-face interaction is required between the consultant and power plant developers, owners, lenders, and investors. The Consulting group works with clients across the United States and in multiple countries.
Remote / virtual options are available, however, candidates based near the Chicago headquarters are preferred.
The Grid Interconnection Consultant will be responsible for...
- Prepare and support new generator interconnection applications by development of conceptual single line diagram, verification of compliance with reactive power requirements, and development of PSSE model.
- Provide direction to our ISO Interconnection Customer clients by assisting in the review of ISO feasibility and system impact studies.
- Support client's generator interconnection planning strategies by performing independent power system studies, mainly on thermal and voltage contingency analyses.
- Evaluate specific scenarios and impacts as required by clients to promote advanced grid system studies. Examples of this are higher renewable penetration and retirement of existing units and evaluation of transmission and non-transmission alternatives.
The Grid Interconnection Consultant should have the following…
A BS or MS in Electrical Engineering is required for this position, as well as a strong academic background and coursework emphasis in Power Systems Analysis.
It is important to have power systems engineering experience in on or more of the following areas in order to qualify:
- Knowledge of power regions and ISOs/RTOs - PJM, MISO, NYISO, ERCOT, SPP, CAISO, and ISO-NE
- Experience modeling inverter-based resources and renewable generations - Wind Turbine Generators (WTG), photovoltaic (PV), Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), and hybrid generation, and associated collector system for interconnection applications within software programs PSS/E, PSLF, and/or PSCAD
- Transmission planning software experience, specifically PSS/E and TARA, for contingency studies and load flow modeling.
- Experience in dynamic transient, stability, and other advanced studies in EMTP-RV or PSCAD is a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, experience writing technical reports/proposals, solid interpersonal skills, ability to work with/guide others, and project planning/leadership skills are extremely important.
- On site wellness screenings
- Tuition assistance
- Scholarship program available for children of employees
- Adoption expense reimbursement
If you are interested in the Grid Interconnection Consultant role, please don't hesitate to apply or reach out to me directly.