Title: Head of Sustainability (サスティナビリティ担当)
Urgently looking for a Head of Sustainability (サスティナビリティ担当) to work for a leading International renewable energy firm in Tokyo, Japan. This company is coming up with a lot of exciting projects all over Japan and collaborating with a lot of Domestic and international players.
The Head of Sustainability will lead on all Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters including liaising with the CEO/CTO on Health and Safety responsibilities projects in the development, construction, and operation of assets. The company is led by a team of executives who have a proven track record in spearheading various renewable energy projects in Japan. Our business is to develop, finance, build, own, and operate renewable energy assets in Japan. Our portfolio will include PV Solar, Onshore Wind and ESS projects. The individual will ensure that the assets are managed and operated in line with investors approach to operating as a responsible investor, creating shared value for all stakeholders, and implementing world class ESG standards.
- The key focus will be to create and implement ESG processes to international best practice standards such as the IFC performance standards and to comply with local legislation.
- Manage environmental, health & safety and social aspects of the business in compliance with local regulatory requirements and in accordance with international best practice; and
- Maintain high business integrity standards at the company and any third-party contractors appointed by the company with the Legal Head.
- Overseeing ESG related budget in conjunction with other corporate functions.
- Implementing environmental and social requirements (e.g., lender's Environmental & Social Action Plans etc.) linked to project financing.
- Developing and implementing a community investment strategy, with associated asset level Community Investment Plans to ensure proactive community engagement as needed.
- Environmental and Social impact assessment, monitoring and reporting,
- Manage due diligence of new opportunities, both external and internal, to support project supply Chain
- Building a best-in-class ESG team across multiple countries where platform assets are located.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in taking care of Renewable energy projects or large-scale projects.
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Excellent organizational and Project Management skills - able to demonstrate commercial acumen and being able to lead multiple counter-parties at the same time.
- Entrepreneurial/hands on approach to join as a founding team member of the platform.
- Proven ability to manage conflict as well as to delegate effectively.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional standards and demonstrate a diverse workplace.
- Fast career progression
- Yearly Bonus
- Great Employee commission schemes
- Insurance and other social security schemes
Contact me if you are interested or tag someone who you think is suitable for this job.