Position: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Specialist - Taipei
- Adapt global HSE guidelines to conform with local regulations and ensure their implementation across projects and logistical operations within the assigned region.
- Manage the selection, coordination, and evaluation of external HSE experts representing the company.
- Participate in project initiatives to resolve intricate challenges and attend meetings with important clients as required.
- Assist Sales and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) teams in incorporating HSE requisites within tender processes.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to PLM team members and external HSE consultancies engaged by the company.
- Conduct audits and monitor the implementation status of HSE standards in projects and logistics activities.
- Foster effective communication with HSE personnel, including local authorities, subcontractors, and consultancy firms, to ensure alignment on HSE-related endeavors.
- Cultivate relationships with both local and headquarters personnel within the organization to ensure uniformity.
- Offer assistance in securing necessary regulatory permits, submitting reports to regulatory agencies, and ensuring compliance with permit conditions.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations.
- Evaluate HSE reports from projects, compile and present data on HSE performance, execution of plans, audit corrective actions, and incidents.
- Aid procurement teams in evaluating subcontractors' qualifications (HSE aspects) and conduct HSE audits of subcontractors.
- Create informative communications (e.g., alerts) to disseminate incidents, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Prepare health and safety plans for projects when required.
- 3-7 years of HSE experience within a construction context, including site-specific management or oversight of multiple projects.
- Prior international exposure in other Asian countries is advantageous.
- Proficient in English communication (both verbal and written).
- Skillful in team building and relationship establishment.
- Capable of delivering presentations and training sessions.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems and software applications.
- Competent in navigating a complex, global organizational structure.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Ideal candidates are anticipated to hold a degree in an engineering or technical discipline and possess a recognized qualification in health, safety, and environment.