Construction Superintendent (8+ years)
LVI Associates is currently on the search for a New York interior Superintendent on behalf of one of our clients, an award-winning general contractor.
We are seeking an experienced, ambitious individual with a strong background in healthcare construction.
This full-time position requires someone with Superintendent experience and that has strong interpersonal skills, relationship management and is great with working in a team.
*Healthcare renovation experience required*
Position Objective and responsibilities:
- Ownership of the overall construction process including project schedule and milestones, field personnel, safety, quality, documentation, and subcontractors
- Manage and lead field personnel and subcontractors as a team to successfully achieve project milestones and goals
- Scheduling: Monitor subcontractor progress for project schedule conformance, Drive subcontractor schedule and logistics and Proactively engage subcontractors if concerns arise and Planning ahead.
- Manage and Coordinate Trades
- Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules, labor agreements and local codes.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, trade employee staffing levels, and general conditions expenditures and maintain a Safe and Clean Project
- Accountable for subcontractor safe work practices
- Compliance with local safety codes
- Maintain subcontractor and the companies safety documentation
- Quality Control
- Reporting and Documentation: Daily reports, foreman meeting minutes, safety, QC