Summary: A diverse and well-regarded General Contractor is looking for a Heavy Civil Estimator to join their team. Headquartered out of the Northeast, they work on heavy civil, industrial, manufacturing, power and energy and other similar projects throughout the country. They have a fantastic culture that fosters personal and professional development and supports internal growth throughout the company.
Currently they are looking for two Heavy Civil Estimators to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience estimating heavy civil construction projects. Specifically, they should have experience estimating bridge projects and be well acquainted with pricing concrete, steel, cofferdams and pile driving.
The Heavy Civil Estimator will be responsible for:
- Review and understand proposal documents including specifications, plans, drawings, and associated information.
- Develop bid packages and prepare them for on-time submission.
- Determine works scopes and perform accurate quantity takeoffs.
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors to procure project quotes and information.
- Analyze subcontractor and material quotes for plan and specification adherence and scope completeness.
- Create project budgets and assemble job specific information for operations personnel.
- Understand and develop project schedules and work activity sequences.
- Participate in estimate review meetings with operations and estimating personnel.
- Help with the migration of project information from estimating to field production teams.
The Heavy Civil Estimator should have the following qualifications:
- Experience estimating bridges (specifically: cofferdams, concrete, steel, ect)
- 5-10+ years of experience
- Proficient with various Estimating softwares
- Opportunity to grow and manage a team of estimators
- Dental insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision insurance
If you are interested in the Heavy Civil Estimating role, then please don't wait to apply.