An established firm with an active backlog of projects with the Texas DOT is growing! This firm has a well known reputation for their client relationships and completion of projects. They are continuing to offer work from home flexibility and the opportunity to be mentored by senior personnel.
This role will be for a Highway Engineer that is interested in growing into a Project Manager over the next few years. This person will work on diversified projects while mentoring junior engineer staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to Roadway Operations Manager.
- Perform design tasks on various transportation improvement projects related to the field of roadway design including roadway widening, roadways on new location, intersection improvements, bridge replacements, highway interchanges, and pedestrian facilities.
- Develop concept reports, preliminary design documents, right-of way plans, and final construction plans
- Coordinate with internal and external team members during pre-design, design, and construction administration phases of projects.
- Serve as lead roadway design engineer on projects where the capabilities and experience align with the project needs.
- Attend meetings as needed to maintain consistency and knowledge base on assigned projects and as approved by the project manager and/or the operations manager.
- Perform design work utilising current MicroStation and Geopak software while moving eventually into using OpenRoads Designer software.
- Perform quality reviews on other design engineer's work, as needed.
- Assist the project manager with some project management tasks as assigned by the project manager with the goal of moving into a project management position with company eventually.
- Assist with training and mentoring the less experienced engineers and designers on the team.
- Texas PE
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in MicroStation and InRoads (OpenRoads is a plus)
- Previous experience working on DOT projects required
- Experience working on local municipalities projects is preferred.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering or similar
- Familiarity with other design software's such as Civil3D and AutoCAD is a plus