Highway Design Engineer
We are working with a nationally recognized professional services consulting firm that has an open position for an experienced Civil/Roadway Project Engineer to join their team in either their Kansas City Office. This is a great opportunity for career advancement.
- serving as the project engineer/ manager for roadway related projects
- overseeing budgets and schedules for various size projects
- developing and maintaining client contacts
- reviewing and leading task proposals including scope, pricing, and financials
- mentoring junior staff
- leading QA/QC reviews.
- knowledge of AASHTO, KDOT, and local design guidelines and manuals
- fluency in design/modeling software and tools such as: MicroStation, In-Roads, Open-Roads, AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Well versed in Roadway design modeling to include cross sections along with grading, drainage & utilities.
- experience preparing design and construction plans
- experience preparing cost estimates and construction specifications or special provisions
- experience in Kansas and Missouri local governments
- experienced with report writing as relates to roadway projects
- Experience in coordination with various design disciplines, utility coordination and project stakeholders
For further information please apply directly.