The company is a renowned Fortune 500 real estate services and investment management firm, we specialize in helping real estate owners, occupiers, and investors realize their business goals. They are looking for an
Engineering Manager - Mission Critical/Data Center
- Oversee major projects such as annual power down planning and execution.
- Lead a technical team responsible for the repair and maintenance of Client's building services systems and facilities in Hong Kong.
- Ensure quality assurance for all FM engineering works in Hong Kong, maintaining adherence to established standards.
- Administer quality assurance and oversee outsourced vendors to ensure equipment maintenance at a high standard.
- Evaluate maintenance/service practices of E&M contractors to ensure compliance with manufacturer recommendations and established processes.
- Manage critical equipment contracts to ensure appropriate delivery of scope and servicing.
- Day-to-day management of Client's Comms Rooms and Comms Closets.
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Data Center and IT team for handling and assessing IT equipment Moves, Adds, and Changes requests in Client's Office/new premises.
- Manage engineering regulatory compliance for the Hong Kong portfolio, ensuring adherence to Client's Engineering Standard.
- Provide 24/7 on-call incident management support for all incidents in Hong Kong.
- Oversee governance of as-built drawings and OEM information, including review of project handover documentation.
- Develop and manage Standard Operating Procedures/Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Manage lifecycle asset management and UPS component replacement.
- Support regional engineering standardization tasks across Asia Pacific.
- Administer the ePermit system for all staff and subcontractors in Hong Kong.
- Lead in-country technical training delivery; provide direct people management for the Hong Kong Technical Team (Team size: 10-12 staff).
- Identify energy-saving initiatives and oversee implementation and validation.
- Review all maintenance reports to ensure proper conduct of maintenance and address performance issues.
- Responsible for engineering team management and ongoing staff coaching.
- Responsible for audit preparation, submissions, and attendance.
- Bachelor's degree in building services/electrical engineering or equivalent professional qualification in engineering field.
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualification working experience, with 5 years in a managerial role; demonstrated experience in managing large-scale maintenance, operation, and fit-out projects. Proficiency in engineering system troubleshooting. Previous exposure to Data Centres, Investment Banking, or premium client service would be advantageous.
- Proficient in statutory requirements of building services and electrical systems and facilities management.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and people management skills.
- Fluent in spoken English, Cantonese, and written in English and Chinese.
- Ability to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions.
- Capable of working independently and taking full responsibility for all technical matters.