A nationally recognized ESOP Environmental Consulting firm is searching for a Project Manager to join their team in Houston! As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing environmental cleanup projects, ensuring their successful execution from initiation to completion. Your expertise in environmental science and remediation techniques will be essential in understanding the technical aspects of the projects, while your project management skills will ensure efficient coordination and delivery.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop comprehensive project plans for environmental remediation projects, including defining project scope, objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
- Conduct site assessments to identify contamination sources, characterize the extent of contamination, and evaluate potential risks.
- Identify applicable environmental regulations, permits, and compliance requirements for each project.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure alignment on project goals, regulatory compliance, and community engagement.
- Monitor project progress, track milestones, and adjust plans as necessary to ensure successful completion.
- Apply environmental science knowledge and expertise to assess contamination risks, develop remediation strategies, and evaluate remedial technologies.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, engineers, and other technical experts to design and implement effective remediation solutions.
- Analyze environmental data, interpret findings, and make informed decisions to guide project activities.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in environmental remediation and project management.
Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- Lead cross-functional project teams, including environmental scientists, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide guidance and support to team members, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and presentations to share project updates, discuss technical challenges, and solicit feedback.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies and community groups, to address project-related challenges and ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
Budgeting and Resource Management:
- Develop project budgets and resource plans, monitoring expenses and resource allocation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify and procure necessary equipment, materials, and external services to support remediation activities.
- Optimize resource utilization and identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising project quality or objectives.
Quality Assurance and Reporting:
- Establish quality standards and ensure adherence to relevant regulations, industry standards, and best practices.
- Conduct regular project assessments and reviews to evaluate performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions.
- Prepare comprehensive reports, documentation, and presentations summarizing project progress, outcomes, and lessons learned.
- Generate and submit required reports to regulatory agencies, ensuring compliance with reporting obligations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager, preferably in environmental remediation projects.
- Strong knowledge of environmental science, remediation techniques, and data analysis methods.
- Familiarity with applicable environmental regulations and permitting processes.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and effectively manage stakeholders.
- 401k employer match
- 100% employer funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holidays
- Student Debt Employer Program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance