A leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges.
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs products and systems for the filtration product lines for municipal and industrial applications.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and approval of drawings, models, sketches, equipment lists, Bills of Material, manufacturing work instructions, standard operating practices and verbal instructions
- Responsible for planning and self-monitoring daily engineering and design work assignments
- Develops and uses engineering standards (electrical, mechanical, chemical etc.), procedures and forms for engineering design and production fabrications. Writes and administers work instructions
- Supplies engineering advice and counsel to engineers, Project Managers, and customer service personnel
- Represents the company for outside customer discussions and technical reviews
- Originates and applies new engineering methods and procedures to lower cost and improve quality
- Provides technical support and proposal and job estimates to Sales
- Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions
- Regularly partner with sales, product management, operational management and other internal teams to accomplish company objectives.
- Interact with channel partners, regional managers, consultants, contractors, OEM's and end users on a daily basis through verbal and written communication.
- Identify Consulting Need: Works closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the consulting request. Partners closely with the requestor to information to better classify the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc.
- Understand Challenge/ Scope Need: Works closely with the party who requested consultation to gain deeper understanding of request and scope the need. Understands technical questions to ask to ensure proper information is provided in order to meet consulting need.
- Maintain product knowledge through training and seminars
- Participate in new initiatives as requested
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of experience working in the field of water and/or wastewater treatment industry
- Experience with Engineering tools
- Specific hands-on field experience with rotary mechanical equipment, controls, electrical panels, and/or is a plus
- Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong collaborative and respectful people leadership and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base and in a matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical, influential and reasoning behaviors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional Engineering License
- Green Belt Certification.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ)
- Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting of 20-25 pounds.
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
Apply here or call 857-972-9678 to find out more