Reporting to the Interconnection Manager, this individual will play an integral role in the performance of our Emerging Markets interconnection portfolio. These include, but are not limited to, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Minnesota, California, Virginia, Hawaii, and New Mexico. The ideal candidate will have very strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate interconnection related efforts between Sales, Engineering, Project Finance, Accounting and Operations. Beyond administrative skills, this individual will possess a technical skill set that enables accurate interpretation of utility feedback and an understanding of the implications on development, engineering and construction efforts. This candidate will have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in these markets, while also being able to maintain a strategic perspective on the holistic interconnection environment on a regional basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New market entry interconnection due diligence and research.
- Creation and maintenance of utility/region-specific project management infrastructure.
- Tracking and reporting on key performance metrics in each utility/region.
- Daily portfolio management of all active interconnection applications across multiple utilities and services territories.
- Coordination of interconnection activities: Direct utility RFI's to appropriate internal parties (Sales, Engineering, Project Finance, and others) and manage internal response to performance and lead time targets.
- Management of utility performance to tariff-related timeline commitments on a project-by-project basis.
- Leadership of recurring utility status meetings.
- Facilitation of interconnection application submittals with internal Engineering and Sales teams.
- Coordination of construction requisitions, signatures, approvals and payments for applications, impact studies, and interconnection agreements.
- Development and maintenance of a consistent record as each project navigates the interconnection process, from initial application to final authorization to operate.
- Being the primary point of contact for all utility communications.
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience with preference given to those with direct electric utility experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong project management, reporting and technical skills, preferably in Salesforce and Smartsheet.