A highly regarded Boston-based architecture firm is looking for a visionary and innovative Interior Designer to utilize their creativity and experience in academic, cultural, multi-family/mixed-use, historic preservation, and S&T project types to design spaces that positively impact the end users.
- Work with team to envision the design concept, project narrative, and graphics for concept presentation
- Engage with the team for initial programming, space planning, and furniture layouts
- Participate in client meetings including interviews, visioning sessions, information gathering, and presentations
- Works with Senior Architect/Interior Designer to assemble a complete set of construction documents including construction plans, elevations, details, life safety plans, and specifications.
- Coordinates interior architectural design and Revit documents with sub-consultants including MEP/FP, Structural, Lighting, Landscape, and Artwork.
- Works with Senior Designer for graphics, documentation, and coordination of interior elements, including selection and coordination of FF&E with furniture vendors.
- Review architectural and furniture installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings.
- Reviews and approves shop drawings and samples with final approval by Senior Interior Designer and/or Project Manager
- Coordination with client, contractor, and project team as appropriate per project
- Attends site meetings with the owner, consultants, and contractor inclusive of interior architecture and furniture installation, as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design
- NCIDQ Certified Designer preferred
- 3-7 years of related experience as an interior designer
- Knowledge of all aspects of the design process, workplace strategy, design & documentation, implementation, and FF&E
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills and ability to communicate design ideas quickly
- Knowledge of building and life safety code requirements
- Must have professional experience with Revit
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Adobe Suite, SketchUp, and rendering proficiency required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team-conscious