LVI are looking for an intermediate Building Envelope in New York to join a multi-disciplinary tier 1 firm who is looking to develop their skill-set and help drive a this firm towards their goals!
The company are construction consulting firm that provides technical expertise to architects, owners, investors, and contractors. They are a mid-sized company of around 60 employees, in which employees have the opportunity to wear many hats. Much of their work is highly technical, and their employees regularly engage in research to improve knowledge in a variety of construction and design subjects. Their culture is one of collaboration, intellectual curiosity, technical expertise, and integrity. They are a connected group that regularly engages socially. There is also tremendous opportunity for growth with regular organic promotions in the firm and opportunities to obtain shares and ownership at management level.
This position requires a good understanding of building science and building codes. Candidates should have an interest in the "technical side" of building envelope consultancy and a drive to understand all types of building systems. Lifelong learners will find excitement in their culture of regular knowledge sharing. While graphic skills are beneficial, with the opportunity to be involved in both new design and existing restoration. Projects involve: Facade repairs/restoration, curtain wall installation, roof replacements, balcony repairs/replacements, local law facade inspections, design of structural masonry repairs, window lintels, masonry crack repairs, water proofing, building envelope assessments and water penetration.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering, or Architecture preferred
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer is preffered
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of architectural, structural and basic mechanical and electrical system design documents
- Ability to provide clear and well-written reports to clients (building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific system performance and energy evaluations
- Understanding of building codes, design guidelines, and industry standards
- Involvement in building enclosure and building sciences professional organization
- 5-7 Years of experience within building enclosure (existing buildings)
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in. Please reach put to Kane Wreford at LVI Associates to have a confidential chat over the phone to discuss in further detail.