Company Summary: Founded in 2011, this renewable energy company is a privately-owned European-based investment and asset management firm. They are committed to making a positive and significant impact on climate change by investing in large-scale renewable energy projects (i.e., solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, waste-to-energy, battery energy storage, and other technologies). Currently, they have over 1GW of developed projects and have an energy pipeline over over 5GW. The team is looking to expand their US presence and further build out their investments team.
Position Summary: The Investment Team is responsible early to mid-stage project acquisition and project finance modelling for utility-scale wind, solar, and energy storage projects in the US and Canada. The Investment Manager will be responsible for financial modelling for pipeline projects in alignment with the company's strategy in North America.
Location: Open to remote work, however, candidates are required to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Financial modeling of wind, solar and storage projects that are in the development pipeline or that are acquisition or JV partnership opportunities
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating project financial model templates
- Support preparation of Investment Committee materials for development / acquisition / JV projects in alignment with company strategy and goals; includes development spend requests, off-take contract executions and project acquisitions and JV partnerships
- Interface with subject matter experts, including engineering, legal, procurement, and construction personnel, as needed to generate project financial forecasts, including key project assumptions, total project budget and financial returns
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Prior work experience with minimum of 2 years experience in financial modeling; prior wind, solar or storage modeling is a plus
- Ability to coordinate with multidisciplinary internal and external teams to ensure project financial model assumptions are accurate
- Have a 'hands on' approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
If interested in this position, please do not hesitate to submit an application.