One of our clients is looking for the Head of Solar Business Development to join the team!
Location: Tokyo, Japan. Domestic and international travel if necessary
About the client:
The company is one of the well-known renewable development and investment company with strong project records in Japan. To support their aim of supporting the energy transition through the expansion of renewable power infrastructure for the benefit of their area, communities, and future generations, they are creating a dedicated renewable fund to grow their platform in Japan and across APAC.
About the position:
By developing and demonstrating new business, the Senior Manager is expected to be in charge of leading and establishing the company as a significant player in this competitive sector.
This position would be ideal for someone who is very self-motivated, results-driven, at ease in an entrepreneurial setting, and does not rely on precedent.
The main duties of the position include:
- Support the origination and project development of non-FiT utility solar projects to build a pipeline for the existing business strategy
- Coordinate with local communicates and local government to obtain required government permits
- Understand the company's resources and assets to best utilize for business strategy
- Build up and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders such as off-takers, outsourced project developers, etc.
- Lead the expansion of the company's investment target geography/technology
- Experience in business development and/or project development for utility scale renewable power plants in Japan
- Other experience in power sector/real estate sector: M&A, business/corporate strategy planning and execution
- Deep understanding of Japanese policy/regulation/laws and market dynamics related to renewables as a foundation of business strategy
- Fluent in both English and Japanese is a MUST
- Background from power retail/wholesale/trading business is a big PLUS
- Wide network for renewable power project opportunities preferred
You are not expected to meet all of the above-mentioned requirements. Feel free to apply!