Offshore Wind Engineer
Seoul or Tokyo
An established Renewable Energy developer with experience in both Wind and Solar Energy is looking for a an Offshore Wind Engineer to join their team in Seoul or Tokyo. We want you if you like challenges and like to be part of a dynamic team working with a team of experts in this field.
Job Responsibilities of an Offshore Wind Engineer:
- Support onshore and offshore wind farm site-finding and technical development activities.
- Ensure all project development constraints are appropriately identified and mapped.
- Support the development team in building and managing relationships with local stakeholders.
- Support the investment and legal teams in gathering necessary information to assess acquisition opportunities.
- Management of technical due diligence activities.
- Undertake site visits to determine project characteristics, carry out technical investigations and assessment to confirm feasibility and estimate construction and operational costs.
- Manage relationships with third-party service providers and suppliers.
- Preparation for proposal, evaluation of offers and to lead contracting discussions.
Job Requirements of an Offshore Wind Engineer:
- Bachelors/Masters of PhD in Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- Two or more years of experience working in onshore and or offshore wind project.
- Business level English and Japanese/Korean communication ability, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the Wind Market in Japan or Korea.
- Experience working in Multinational Company.
- Experience in GIS, CAD or other surveying and engineering software packages.
- Ability to cope with change and adapt quickly in a fast paced, evolving and dynamic environment.