We have a current opportunity for a Lead Engineering Manager - Offshore in and Offshore Wind Developer, on a permanent basis, focusing on the delivery of large-scale offshore wind projects in Taiwan. The position will be based in Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
- Lead Engineer for an offshore renewable project, providing key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of substantial multi-contract packages within time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide expert advice on appropriate bid levels / programme strategies / engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements relative to a multi-million pound, multi-disciplinary, multi-contract work package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the Engineering team members, potentially comprising employees working within a number of countries throughout Europe and the USA, to ensure professional standards are maintained (or enhanced) and the team delivers a consistent, high quality, cost effective service to the projects.
- Resource the appropriate organisation structure to ensure delivery of the project or substantial work packages to programme and budget.
- Experience in managing engineering activities across all phases of a project life-cycle from site selection/acquisition, development, pre-financial close, execution and operation.
- Experience in providing multidiscipline leadership in an offshore wind project
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline with a higher level degree (e.g. MSc) desirable.
- Extensive experience designing and working in the offshore industry, preferably offshore wind.
- Significant experience in leading teams involved in large multidisciplinary work packages in international environments.