The firm is headquartered in New York City and are now building out their presence in Chicago. They are a building enclosure and structural forensics consulting firm providing services in building investigation, inspection and design services. They work with commercial realtors, developers, residential owners, high-education, health-care etc. You will be helping to run the Chicago office, building client relationships and working on a variety projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the performance of work that requires a highly developed knowledge of structural engineering practices, contemporary building envelope design, and restoration.
- You will provide investigation, design, costing, and construction administration and periodic inspection services to implement and maintain structural integrity, function, and safety.
- You will also be responsible for project budgets, quality assurance, and risk management. This individual will advise and mentor staff, the engineering team, and project teams.
- You must have expertise in total building enclosure systems that includes, but is not limited to: masonry veneer wall systems; solid wall masonry construction; curtain walls; reinforced concrete; and steel structures.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Structural Engineering preferred)
- At least 10 years' experience in engineering. (Structural Engineering preferred) OR Bachelors in Architecture, Architectural Engineering
- Current SE license - IL State license required or RA in IL
- At least 10 years of experience in inspection of wall panels, curtain walls, veneers and EIFS. (15 years' experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft applications software for report writing.