Responsible for reviewing and evaluating available documents and developing accurate, competitive, and profitable bid proposals for a variety of national low voltage projects (to include fire alarm, security and/or nurse call systems).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluate project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to identify what is needed for a project and to create a bid proposal.
- Calculate the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Analyze project for value engineering options while taking into account specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed.
- Identify any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems in the bid documents.
- Identify strategies to create bid advantages.
- Anticipate potential problems and devise solutions proactively.
- Prepare "RFI" questions.
- Request material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote requests and accuracy of quotes received.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project, "Blue Sheets" and "Evaluations" with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc.
- Assist in preparing budget pricing.
- Attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to discuss bid status, and present/resolve issues.
- May perform job walks to ensure that any field conditions have been observed that may affect the construction, may impact the prospective bid, and/or may impact the pre-construction designs and the build services.
- Keeps Company management, project management, clients, general contractors, and all others involved in projects current on bid progress.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years of low voltage estimating experience, ideally for commercial projects
- Well-versed in the technology, equipment and methods related to fire alarm, security and/or nurse call systems
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills