A leading firm in the Power Delivery industry is currently seeking a talented and motivated individual for a Manager of Transmission Line Engineering role! Have you been wanting to take the next step in your career and take on leadership responsibilities? If so, this opportunity is for you!
As a Manager of Transmission Line Engineering you will work as a leader in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems related to transmission line design projects. You will have a balance of both managerial and technical responsibilities, specifically for high-voltage and extra-high-voltage overhead electric utility lines. You will work with the team as well as independently, perform engineering analyses, and prepare material procurement and construction documents, as well as bidding, plans, and specifications. This position requires you to have direct report responsibilities, while also being client facing.
The location of this position is based out of Charlotte, NC or Durham, NC. The role will be hybrid with some travel requirements involved.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- PE License
- Experience with the following: PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, SAG10, LPILE, and Microsoft Office suite
Not Required but Great to Have:
- Master's degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement processes, and scheduling
- Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD
- Ability to work in collaboratively and independently
If you have any interest in learning more about this position, please apply! Even if you don't check off every box, there are still plenty of opportunities that you could be potentially considered for.