My client, a boutique architecture & engineering firm is looking for a PE or RA Licensed Restoration/Building Envelope/Historic Preservation consultant to be their managing director in Philadelphia!
The candidate will work with my clients team of architects and engineering professionals in their building envelope practice, including design review, performance modeling, field observation and building enclosure consulting. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience with specific knowledge and experience in the design, evaluation, investigation, and commissioning of building enclosure components and assemblies on both new and existing structures.
- Experience and knowledge in evaluation of enclosure systems
- Conduct investigation and assessments of existing building enclosure systems
- Diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex building system problems in a collaborative manner
- Manage detailed evaluation of complicated building façade systems
- Evaluate energy models, including building systems and life cycle costs analysis
- Conduct quality assurance reviews, ensure writing quality and analysis rigor, and accurate, clear technical comments
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure engineering quality and accurate technical content of project documents
- Have knowledge of relative enclosure systems costs as they relate to evaluating potential enclosure systems.
- Understand enclosure system manufacturing process for a variety of systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, Architecture, or Engineering
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of architectural, structural and basic mechanical and electrical system design documents
- Ability to provide clear and well-written reports to clients (building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific system performance and energy evaluations
- Knowledge of building codes, design guidelines, and industry standards
- Involvement in building enclosure and building sciences professional organizations