LVI are in Search of a Senior/Principal-Level Engineer or Architect, with experience in Structural Forensics AND/OR Building Enclosure Consulting, to provide direction and leadership for all aspects of technical and managerial services in Los Angeles, CA.
This opportunity will enable you to help spearhead the growth and progression of a Top Tier national and global Architectural/Engineering firm in the US and California. With support from all other offices, successful candidates will be driven, ambitious and will have a genuine desire to truly make a difference in this niche market for their peers, mentees and clients. They will also have an interest in collaboration, working with different teams and diverse projects.
The firm are an Award-Winning international and national Engineering business, offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. They have a strong leadership and ownership programme upon where growth and development is based on Merit, NOT Tenure.
They have developed and maintained a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of restoration, building enclosures and consulting, transportation engineering, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
- Management of various Forensic projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading teams in the development of Forensic Structural/Building Enclosure contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Peer review of enclosure details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- Licensed PE or RA in the state of California
- 10 plus years of previous building envelope, forensic structural engineering, structural investigations, construction defect consulting and waterproofing experience, 5 years of which include managing projects.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design, seismic design, retrofitting and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Business development experience, strategies and the ability to work with other team members.
- Willingness to travel.